At Fertimedica we co-operate with the best specialists in the field of ultrasonographic diagnostics who have certificates of the Fetal Medicine Foundation and certificates of the Polish Gynecological Society Ultrasound Section.
We have modern ultrasonographic equipment which ensures high quality of performed examination. We work on model E8 and S6 General Electric ultrasonographic apparatus equipped with the latest software and 3D and 4D imaging which guarantees the highest quality of image. At the clinic you can have performed a 3D/4D imaging ultrasonographic examination of a reproductive organ and every stage of pregnancy. We also perform ultrasonographic examinations of breasts, testicles, prostate, thyroid and the abdominal cavity.
Full list of ultrasonographic examinations we perform:
- gynecologic ultrasonography (also for the purpose of a three-dimensional reconstruction of the female reproductive organ)
- pregnancy ultrasonography, also 3D/4D option. It is included in the price of the examination. Each obstetric examination is recorded on a USB storage device and apart from the description and photos you also receive a recording of the examination.
- abdominal cavity ultrasonography
- thyroid ultrasonography
- breast ultrasonography
- testicular ultrasonography
- prostate ultrasonography
- prostate transrectal ultrasonography
How to get ready for an ultrasonographic examination?
Preparations for ultrasonography examination depend on the type of examination. Regardless of the description below, we provide appropriate information prior to each registration for examinations.
- Pregnancy ultrasonography: it is important not to apply any anti-stretch mark preparations, not to lubricate your skin at least 48 hours (and preferably 7 days) prior to examination. Such preparations worsen skin translucency and make the visualization of the fetus more difficult.
Gynecologic ultrasonography performed with the use of a transvaginal probe: it does not require any special preparations. In the case of tendency to flatulence, you can take a special preparation reducing the amount of gases in the intestines a few days prior to the examination. Directly before the examination you should empty the urinary bladder.
- Gynecologic ultrasonography performed with the use of an abdominal probe: the examination is performed on a full urinary bladder. Approximately one hour prior to the scheduled examination, you should drink around ¾ litre of liquid and not empty your bladder. In the case of tendency to flatulence, you can take a special preparation reducing the amount of gases in the intestines a few days prior to the examination.
- Breast ultrasonography: it does not require special preparations; it is recommended to perform this examination during the first phase of the menstrual cycle (prior to ovulation). In the case of women using hormonal contraceptive methods (pills, vaginal ring, contraceptive patches, implant), the examination may be performed during every phase of the cycle.
- USG piersi: nie wymaga specjalnego przygotowania; zaleca się, by badanie wykonywać w pierwszej fazie cyklu miesiączkowego (przed owulacją). U kobiet stosujących hormonalne metody antykoncepcji (tabletka, pierścień dopochwowy, plastry, implant) badanie można wykonać na każdym etapie cyklu.
- Thyroid ultrasonography: it does not require special preparations.
- Abdominal cavity, urinary tract, prostate ultrasonography: you should refrain from eating and drinking for at least 6 hours prior to the planned examination. In the case of tendency to flatulence, you can take a special preparation reducing the amount of gases in the intestines a few days prior to the examination. You should attend the examination with a full urinary bladder. During the examination the doctor may ask you to empty the bladder and may examine the urinary tract again (this is important for diagnosis).
- Scrotum and prostate ultrasonography with the use of a transrectal probe: it does not require any preparation.